Join me for a quick & fun hands-on workshop, where you will learn how to make one of the most popular & highly requested sugar flowers - the rose. This flower is a must-have in your sugar flower repertoire if you wish to get started in your journey of making beautiful & realistic handcrafted flowers.
Suitable for absolute beginners, this class will introduce you to the fundamental skills, tips & techniques for making an easy sugar rose consisting of only 15 petals.
It is my sincerest hope that as you practice these techniques and gain more confidence, you will find your own voice & style, as there are endless stunning varieties of roses in this world that you can replicate!
There will be a maximum of 3 participants in this workshop, so each student will receive personalised attention. Tea break will also served. All tools & materials used for this workshop will be provided.
What You Will Learn in This Half-Day Workshop
1. A basic botanical understanding of the Easy Rose, which will aid you to make more beautiful & realistic flowers.
2. The tools & materials needed to create the sugar rose.
3. The methods to create the sugar rose.
4. Proper colour dusting techniques that will allow you to achieve a realistic, alluring & graduated colour effect on your flowers. You will also learn how to steam your flowers to set in the colour.
5. How to tape your sugar flowers into a floral stem & how to store your gum paste flowers so that they can last forever.
All students will get to take home:
1. A printout/electronic copy of the class materials, which includes the list of tools & materials and instructions; and
2. A box to safely pack their completed sugar rose.
There will be a maximum of 3 participants in this workshop, so each student will receive personalised attention.
Tea break will be served during this half-day workshop. All tools & materials used will be provided for use during the workshop only.
top of page